Amanda GildeaICT Manager
Australian Antarctic Division
In this session you will learn how IT projects are delivered in the remotest location in the world – the Australian Antarctic. The session will provide an overview with a rationale for why Antarctica and an of the Australian Antarctic Division’s operations. Furthermore, the specific challenge of managing the world’s most Remote Projects.
- Learn from an interesting and unique case study of different IT projects ranging from a network Segmentation project to a bandwidth upgrade project in the remote Australian Antarctic
- Gain insights into identifying and managing positive and negative stakeholders around IT project management
- Understand the ICT Security and the fine line between useability and Security
With the current digital transformation, the traditional organisational structure has changed.
No longer are IT projects delivered solely by the IT department. This new whole of organisational approach has brought about the need for new skills and a functional approach to project management.
- What are the correct skills needed – soft and hard skills
- How can you acquire the correct people
- The debate of insourcing (developing your team) verses outsourcing (paying for outside help)