Pre-Conference Workshop: Tuesday, 29 August 2017
8:30 am - 11:00 am Understanding the Different Economics of Scale - Learn How to Deliver a Project with Experience, Effectiveness, and efficiencyBryan Williams, Chief Knowledge Officer,Service NSW
No project will house the exact same scale as the previous project and with a change in scale a projects challenges and strategies change exponentially.
Experience is the only way to learn the correct methods and processes to deliver a project with effectiveness, and efficiency. The strategies behind delivering a project with experience, effectiveness and efficiency as exemplified through the knowledge epiphany.
- Ascertain what knowledge is, concerning the pillars, scope and coverage within a project
- Workshop how to deliver a knowledge eco-system on a shoe string budget by harnessing the power of one of the strongest bodies of knowledge methodology (not PMBOK as you know it)
- Discover how do you measure knowledge and know when the capability and competency has been achieved
Bryan WilliamsChief Knowledge Officer
11:30 am - 2:00 pm How to setup and run an Agile Project and Unpacking User Centred Design (UCD)Monica Ritz, Business Transformation Manager ,Department of the Premier and Cabinet
There is much discussion around what project management process is most effective, and many project managers can agree that Agile process is highly preferred.
The importance of knowing how to set up and run an effective Agile process is key to the successful planning, delivery and execution of an IT project.
Additionally, many organisations are to requesting that projects incorporate a user centred design throughout the project thesis. Unpacking a User Centred Design is widely spoken about, however little tangible methods are widely accepted.
- Understand exactly what encompasses an Agile process and when to use it for your organisation
- Practise setting up a project using the Agile process
- Gain the insights into unpacking a User Centred Design with tangible methods
Monica RitzBusiness Transformation Manager
Department of the Premier and Cabinet
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm Leaning how UX (Agile in Browser/ Agile in Technology) minimizes the Challenges Facing Project Management ProfessionalsTrudy Gibson, Program Manager,NSW Department of Education
An Agile mindset can now be utilised incorporation with technology, especially in conjunction with the Browser.
The possibilities for minimising the challenges faced by project management professionals and increasing the efficiencies are astronomical when incorporating Agile in technology.
- Realise the benefits of Agile in the Browser and technology
- Understand how to choose the best way to incorporate Agile in technology into your project management process for your organisation.
- Practise using Agile in technology and a Browser using your case study
Trudy GibsonProgram Manager
NSW Department of Education